Indulge in the holiday spirit with our Christmas Tree Pancakes, a visually appealing and delicious breakfast treat that’s perfect for festive mornings.
These fluffy pancakes, shaped like Christmas trees, will not only bring joy to your taste buds but also add a touch of seasonal charm to your breakfast table.
Follow this easy-to-follow Christmas Tree Pancakes recipe for a delightful and Instagram-worthy holiday breakfast.
Ingredients for Christmas Tree Pancakes:
- Pancake Mix (or Homemade Batter): Select your preferred pancake mix or prepare a homemade batter. Ensure it’s thick enough to hold its shape.
- Green Food Coloring: Infuse the batter with a few drops of green food coloring for that festive Christmas tree color.
- Christmas Sprinkles: Choose holiday-themed sprinkles like stars, ornaments, or snowflakes for a decorative touch.
- Maple Syrup: A drizzle of maple syrup adds sweetness and complements the flavors of your Christmas tree pancakes.
- Whipped Cream (Optional): For an extra indulgence, top your pancakes with a dollop of whipped cream.
Instructions for Christmas Tree Pancakes:
1. Prepare Pancake Batter:
- In a mixing bowl, prepare your pancake batter according to the package instructions or your favorite homemade recipe.
- Add a few drops of green food coloring to achieve a vibrant Christmas tree shade. Mix well until the color is evenly distributed.
2. Heat the Griddle or Pan:
- Preheat a griddle or non-stick pan over medium heat. Ensure it’s adequately heated before pouring the pancake batter.
3. Shape Christmas Trees:
- Using a ladle or a measuring cup, pour the green pancake batter onto the griddle, shaping it into Christmas tree outlines. Start with a small triangular base and expand as you move upward.
4. Add Festive Sprinkles:
- While the pancake is still wet, sprinkle festive Christmas-themed sprinkles over the batter. This will embed the sprinkles into the pancake as it cooks.
5. Cook Until Bubbles Form:
- Allow the pancake to cook until bubbles form on the surface. This indicates that the bottom is cooked and ready for flipping.
6. Flip and Cook the Other Side:
- Gently flip the pancake using a spatula and cook the other side until it achieves a golden-brown color.
7. Stack and Repeat:
- Repeat the process to create a stack of Christmas tree-shaped pancakes. Keep the stack warm in the oven (at a low temperature) while you cook the remaining pancakes.
8. Serve with Toppings:
- Once all the pancakes are ready, stack them on a plate. Drizzle with maple syrup and add a dollop of whipped cream for an extra festive touch.
Tips for Perfect Christmas Tree Pancakes:
- Controlled Pouring
Use a squeeze bottle or piping bag to control the pancake batter’s pouring, allowing for more precise shaping of your Christmas trees.
- Creative Decorations
Experiment with different Christmas-themed decorations. Consider using mini chocolate chips, fruit pieces, or edible glitter for added holiday sparkle.
- Family Fun
Involve the whole family in the pancake-making process.
Let each family member decorate their own Christmas tree pancake for a festive and interactive breakfast activity.
- Serve with a Side
Complement your Christmas tree pancakes with sides like crispy bacon, sausage, or fresh fruit to create a well-rounded and satisfying holiday breakfast.
- Photogenic Presentation
Arrange the pancakes in the shape of a Christmas tree on the plate for a festive presentation.
Sprinkle powdered sugar over the top for a snowy effect.
Final Thoughts and Happy Holidays!
Bring the magic of the holidays to your breakfast table with our Christmas Tree Pancakes.
Easy to make and a joy to devour, these festive pancakes are a delightful addition to your holiday traditions.
Whether you’re celebrating with family or enjoying a cozy morning alone, these Christmas tree-shaped pancakes are guaranteed to infuse your holiday breakfast with warmth, joy, and a delicious dose of festive cheer!
- Pancake Mix or Homemade Batter
- Green Food Coloring
- Christmas Sprinkles
- Maple Syrup
- Whipped Cream (optional)
- Prepare the batter and add a few drops of green food coloring to the mixture
- Heat the griddle or non-stick pan
- Using a ladle or measurement cup pour the green pancake batter onto the griddle.
- Add some festive sprinkles while the batter is still wet, to ensure that they will stick
- Once the batter starts to bubble, using a spatula, flip the pancakes.
- Once golden brown on both sides, move to a plate and repeat the process until all batter is gone, slowly making each pancake smaller to stack and create a "tree" look.
Get the scoop on more like this:
- Easy Christmas Tree Shaped Charcuterie Board
- Candy Cane Peppermint Mug Cake Recipe
- Candy Cane Caprese Board Recipe
- Marshmallow Peppermint Hot Chocolate