Just like pairing wine with cheese, finding what to serve with egg rolls is a culinary art.
You’re not just making a meal with egg rolls, it’s the best culinary experience you are creating.
This guide will take you on a gastronomical journey, exploring over 65 side dishes that complement egg rolls perfectly.
From the simple charm of a vegetable stir fry to the exotic allure of Szechuan noodles, these sides will elevate your egg roll experience.
So, let’s break bread together, explore these pairings, it’s the best way to transform your well-made egg roll meals into memorable feasts.
What to Serve With Egg Rolls
When pondering what to serve with egg rolls, the culinary canvas expands to offer a myriad of delicious possibilities.
Renowned for their crispy exteriors and flavorful fillings, egg rolls can be served in various ways to create a satisfying and wholesome meal.
Whether you’re opting for a quick and easy sauce, made in less than 20 minutes, or considering classic pairings like rice or noodles, finding the ideal accompaniment to eat with egg rolls elevates the dining experience to new heights.
The versatility of egg rolls and their ability to complement different flavors make them the best canvas for culinary creativity.
Join us on a flavorful journey as we explore the various ways to serve it with egg rolls, turning each bite into a delectable fusion of textures and tastes.
Simple Vegetable Stir Fry
You’ll love the crunch and flavor of a simple vegetable stir fry as one of your 65+ side dish options for egg rolls.
This vibrant dish, chock-full of nutrients, can be an appetizer or a standalone meal.
The beauty of a stir fry lies in its versatility. You can toss in any veggies you have on hand, sauté them in a wok, and voila!
You’ve got a warm, hearty side dish to serve with egg rolls.
Pair it with classic Chinese food staples like fried rice or chow mein for an authentic dining experience.
Flavorful Fried Rice Varieties
Switching gears, let’s delve into the endless varieties of flavorful fried rice that can perfectly complement your egg rolls.
This delicious side dish is a versatile option, with a myriad of recipes to choose from.
For a spicy kick, try a kimchi fried rice. If you’re a seafood lover, a shrimp fried rice could be your go-to dish to serve.
Vegetarians can rejoice with a delightful veggie-packed fried rice.
Furthermore, there’s the classic chicken fried rice, always a crowd-pleaser.
Each of these flavorful fried rice varieties is among the best side dishes to serve with your egg rolls.
If you’re adventurous, explore different side dish recipes to find the best sides that suit your taste.
Remember, the best egg roll side dishes are the ones you enjoy most!
Spicy Szechuan Noodles
Next up, let’s explore the world of fiery Szechuan noodles, a must-try side dish that’ll add an exciting heat to your egg roll meal.
This spicy noodle dish is packed with bold flavors, from the heat of chili sauce to the savory depth of soy and oyster sauces.
It’s a flavor journey you’ll definitely want to embark on.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Noodles: You can use rice or traditional wheat noodles.
- Sauce: This is a combination of soy sauce, sesame oil, chili sauce, rice vinegar, and chicken broth.
- Protein: Ground chicken is commonly used, but feel free to substitute with your preferred choice.
- Spice: The heat comes from the spicy Szechuan sauce. Adjust to your liking.
Take the plunge and enjoy this fiery, mouthwatering side dish.
Sweet and Sour Pork
Let’s dive into another delightful side dish, the sweet and sour pork, that’s sure to satisfy your taste buds when served alongside egg rolls.
This dish, starring tender pork pieces coated in a tangy sweet and sour sauce, is a brilliant contrast to the crispiness of the best egg roll.
Its vibrant flavors elevate your homemade egg rolls to a whole new level, making egg rolls for dinner a feast to remember.
Pairing sweet and sour pork with egg rolls creates a balance of textures and flavors that’s utterly irresistible.
Just like how sweet and sour chicken is a classic combination, sweet and sour pork and egg rolls are the perfect duo, promising an egg roll feast that’s hard to top.
Classic Kung Pao Chicken
Diving into the realm of spicy and savory, you can’t go wrong with classic Kung Pao Chicken as a side dish for your egg rolls.
This popular side dish, featuring tender chicken pieces in a mouthwatering sauce, will compliment your favorite dishes like egg rolls beautifully.
- Classic Kung Pao Chicken: This dish’s irresistible mix of flavors pairs well with your egg rolls, offering a delightful contrast.
- Chicken Pieces: These juicy morsels provide a satisfying bite, creating a wonderful balance with the crispiness of egg rolls.
- Accompaniment to Egg Rolls: Egg rolls make a great pairing with Kung Pao Chicken, enhancing the overall dining experience.
- Sauce for Dipping: Don’t forget to use the flavorful sauce from the chicken as a dipping option for your egg rolls.
Traditional Chinese Broccoli
In addition to Kung Pao Chicken, you’ll find that Traditional Chinese Broccoli is another appetizing side dish that enhances the flavor of your egg rolls.
This veggie marries well with egg rolls, adding a refreshing crunch to your meal.
When designing your egg roll recipe, consider including Chinese broccoli in your egg roll filling.
This not only boosts the nutritional value but also balances the crispy egg roll exterior with a soft, delicious egg and veggie mix inside.
Traditional Chinese Broccoli isn’t limited to the inside corner of the egg roll.
It can also be served as a separate side dish, offering a green counterpoint to your fried delicacies.
So, when pondering what to serve with egg rolls, Chinese Broccoli is a versatile and healthy choice to include.
Savory Beef and Broccoli
You’re going to love pairing your egg rolls with savory Beef and Broccoli, a protein-packed side that’s full of flavor.
Whether it’s a crispy egg roll in a bowl, or wrapped in a traditional egg roll wrapper, this dish will satisfy your cravings.
Here’re four steps to prepare this enticing side dish:
- Marinate the beef in a mixture of sesame sauce and garlic, then stir-fry it with bok choy for a crunchy texture.
- Steam broccoli until it turns vibrant green, then toss it in with the beef.
- Whip up a tangy dipping sauce for egg rolls, using your food processor.
- For an additional kick, serve with garlic green beans and a side of chow mein noodles.
Savor this savory beef and broccoli dish and enhance your egg roll experience!
Tangy Pineapple Chicken
Moving on from savory Beef and Broccoli, let’s spice up your egg roll accompaniments with Tangy Pineapple Chicken, a delightful mix of sweet and sour flavors that’ll have your taste buds dancing.
This dish is easy to make at home and the perfect partner to your chicken egg rolls. First, fry your chicken pieces until they’re golden and crispy.
Then, you’ll create a tangy pineapple chicken sauce, which is easy and quick to whip up.
It’s a perfect blend of sweet pineapples and savory soy sauce, with a hint of tangy vinegar for that signature sweet and sour kick.
For an extra dimension, consider a plum sauce dip.
It complements the tangy pineapple chicken beautifully, offering a sweet counterpoint to the sour notes.
Refreshing Asian Slaw
Next up, let’s dive into a light and crisp side dish, the Refreshing Asian Slaw, that’s sure to be a hit at your dinner table.
If you’re wondering what to serve with that crunchy egg roll that came out of your air fryer, this is its best partner.
- The slaw balances the greasy egg rolls and fried dishes with its fresh and light flavors.
- Asian Slaw is easy to make. First you can make egg rolls and make this slaw too.
- You can also serve it as a palate cleanser between bites of egg rolls.
- This slaw is a universal side dish. It goes with any egg roll without overpowering its flavor.
Hearty Hot and Sour Soup
After savoring the lightness of the Refreshing Asian Slaw, it’s time to delve into a robust and flavorful dish, the Hearty Hot and Sour Soup.
This soup’s unique blend of flavors mirrors the complexity of the egg rolls you love.
Its spicy heat is derived from the garlic sauce, while the sourness comes from vinegar, making this sauce is easy and a delightful contrast to egg drop soup.
The inclusion of low-sodium soy sauce ensures a balanced salty flavor.
This soup can be eaten with egg or spring rolls, elevating your egg roll experience.
If you like sweet and sour, this soup is your go-to, and if you prefer a heartier dish, adding noodles turns it into a noodle soup.
Tasty Teriyaki Chicken
If you’re in the mood for a protein-packed side dish, your egg rolls will pair perfectly with Tasty Teriyaki Chicken.
Imagine crispy chicken wings, slathered in a sweet and savory teriyaki sauce, sprinkled with sesame seeds – you can’t go wrong with this choice.
Here’s an easy way to whip up this delectable dish in less than 30 minutes:
- Fry chicken wings in your fryer until they’re golden and crunchy.
- While they’re frying, prepare the teriyaki sauce by combining soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, and a touch of ponzu sauce for that extra tang.
- Once your wings are done, toss them in the sauce until they’re coated to perfection.
- Finish with a sprinkle of sesame seeds for that extra crunchy texture.
Paired with your crunchy egg rolls, you’ll never go wrong with this combo.
Light Cucumber Salad
Looking for a refreshing side dish? You’ll love a Light Cucumber Salad to serve with your egg rolls.
This salad is a simple, yet flavorful dish that perfectly complements the rich, deep-fried nature of egg rolls.
It’s made by thinly slicing cucumbers, sprinkling them with a pinch of salt, and letting them sit for a few minutes to draw out their natural juices.
Then, you’ll add a light dressing made with rice vinegar, sugar, and a hint of sesame oil.
The result is a tangy, sweet, and refreshing salad that cuts through the heaviness of the egg rolls.
Plus, it’s healthy and adds a vibrant touch to your meal.
Garlicky Green Beans
You’ll be amazed at how well Garlicky Green Beans pair with your egg rolls.
This side dish is a delightful combination of crisp beans and a punchy garlic flavor, offering a refreshing contrast to the deep-fried richness of egg rolls.
Here’s why you should try this pairing:
- Textural Contrast: The crunchiness of green beans complements the crisp exterior and soft filling of egg rolls.
- Flavor Balance: Garlic provides a robust flavor that enhances the overall taste of the meal.
- Nutritional Boost: Green beans are packed with vitamins and minerals that contribute to a balanced diet.
- Easy Preparation: This dish is simple to make, requiring only a few ingredients and minimal cooking time.
Next time you’re serving egg rolls, don’t forget the Garlicky Green Beans. It’s a match made in culinary heaven.
Steamed Jasmine Rice
Don’t overlook a classic side dish like steamed Jasmine rice when you’re serving up egg rolls.
This simple, yet satisfying choice is an excellent counterbalance to the robust flavors of your egg rolls.
The delicate floral aroma and slightly sweet flavor of Jasmine rice make it a standout amongst other rice varieties.
It’s light, fluffy texture is perfect for soaking up any leftover sauces or flavors on your plate, enhancing the overall dining experience.
Plus, it’s easy to prepare!
Just remember to rinse the grains until the water runs clear, which removes excess starch and helps achieve that perfect fluffy texture.
Steamed Jasmine rice isn’t just a side dish, it’s a harmonious accompaniment that creates a complete, satisfying meal with your flavorful egg rolls.
Crispy Spring Rolls
Venture beyond traditional sides and consider pairing your egg rolls with crispy spring rolls for an ultimate Asian culinary delight.
This fusion of flavors and textures creates a satisfying taste adventure that’s sure to impress.
Now, let’s look at why this combination works:
- Variety – Mixing different types of rolls introduces new tastes and textures, keeping your meal exciting.
- Contrasting Flavors – The rich, hearty flavors of egg rolls complement the lighter, more delicate flavors of spring rolls.
- Visual Appeal – The golden-brown hues of both rolls add a visually appealing touch to your dish.
- Portability – Both rolls are hand-held, making them perfect for casual gatherings or on-the-go eating.
Often, you’ll find that pairing egg rolls with delectable dumplings elevates your meal to a whole new level of deliciousness.
The soft, pillowy texture of the dumplings provides a delightful contrast to the crispy, crunchy shell of the egg rolls.
Imagine biting into a juicy, succulent dumpling filled with minced pork or shrimp, the flavors mingling beautifully with the savory filling of the egg roll.
Whether it’s the traditional Chinese dumplings, Japanese gyoza, or the Korean mandu, the options are endless.
You can steam them, pan-fry them, or even have them in soup.
Each method brings out a unique taste and texture that complements the egg rolls perfectly.
Exotic Thai Basil Chicken
After savoring those delectable dumplings, you’ll find that pairing your egg rolls with exotic Thai basil chicken takes your culinary experience to greater heights.
This dish, known for its tantalizing blend of flavors, helps you explore the culinary delights of Thai cuisine right at your dining table.
Here’s a glimpse into what makes Thai basil chicken so special:
- Bold Flavors: With a perfect blend of sweet, spicy and savory, it’s a flavor explosion in every bite.
- Aromatic Basil: The fresh Thai basil leaves add a unique aroma and taste that sets it apart.
- Healthy Protein: Chicken provides a high-quality source of protein, keeping you satiated.
- Easy to Prepare: Despite its exotic flair, it’s relatively easy to whip up in your own kitchen.
Try it out, and let this dish breathe new life into your egg roll pairing.
Continuing your culinary adventure, you’ll find that spicy Kimchi adds a tangy twist to your egg roll meal.
This fermented Korean dish, brimming with chili, garlic, and ginger, provides a delightful mix of sour, spicy, and umami flavors.
The crunch of the cabbage in Kimchi pairs perfectly with the crispy texture of the egg rolls, creating a harmony of textures in every bite.
You’ll also love how the heat from the Kimchi enlivens the richness of the egg roll fillings.
Moreover, Kimchi isn’t just mouthwatering, it’s also packed with probiotics, boosting your gut health.
So, don’t hesitate to scoop a generous serving of spicy Kimchi next to your egg rolls.
You’ll add a vibrant splash of color to your plate and a flavor explosion to your meal.
Mouthwatering Mongolian Beef
Another irresistible side dish to pair with your egg rolls is mouthwatering Mongolian Beef.
This savory dish, often a favorite at Chinese restaurants, combines tender beef with a sweet and slightly spicy sauce, creating an explosion of flavors that will leave your taste buds begging for more.
- Tenderness: The beef is marinated and cooked until it’s soft and succulent, melting in your mouth with every bite.
- Flavor: The sauce, a blend of soy sauce, brown sugar, and ginger, gives the beef its distinctive tangy-sweet taste.
- Heat: A dash of crushed red pepper flakes adds a spicy kick, balancing out the sweetness.
- Texture: Crisp green onions and toasted sesame seeds provide a crunchy contrast to the tender beef.
In short, Mongolian Beef is a perfect partner for your egg rolls, creating a feast for the senses.
Delicious Duck Pancakes
If you’ve ever had the pleasure of trying duck pancakes, you’ll know they’re one of the most delicious side dishes you can serve with egg rolls.
These pancakes, hailing from Beijing, are thin, delicate, and a perfect canvas for the rich, savory flavor of roasted duck.
The duck, usually slow-cooked, is shredded and spread onto the pancake with a sweet bean sauce.
A sprinkle of fresh, crisp green onions adds a necessary bite.
The secret is in the folding technique, creating a neat, bite-sized delight.
The crispy, flavorful duck contrasts beautifully with the soft chewiness of the pancake.
Every bite is a harmony of textures and tastes, making duck pancakes a must-try companion to your egg rolls.
Crunchy Wonton Chips
For an extra punch of crunch with your egg rolls, you can’t go wrong with crispy, golden wonton chips.
They strike the perfect balance between light and satisfying, their texture complementing the hearty filling of your egg rolls.
Here’s how to make them at home:
- Cut wonton wrappers into strips or triangles.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add the wrappers.
- Fry until golden, then remove and drain on a paper towel.
- Sprinkle with salt or other seasonings to taste.
You’ll be delighted by these homemade wonton chips. They’re simple yet versatile, and can even be served with a dip for extra flavor.
Stir-Fried Bok Choy
You’ll love the freshness that stir-fried bok choy brings to your egg roll feast.
This leafy green is a staple in Asian cuisine and for good reason.
Its mild flavor is the perfect balance to the rich, savory notes of egg rolls.
When stir-fried, bok choy takes on a delightful crunch that pairs well with the crispy texture of egg rolls.
To prepare, you’ll need garlic, ginger, and a splash of soy sauce. Saute these with your bok choy and in no time, you’ve got a vibrant, flavorful side dish.
The result is a healthy, hearty accompaniment that elevates your meal.
Try it out, and you might find that stir-fried bok choy becomes a regular on your dinner table.
Juicy Steamed Dim Sum
One can’t go wrong with juicy steamed dim sum as a side dish for your egg rolls.
This traditional Chinese dish, made from dough filled with various ingredients and then steamed, is a delightful pairing with the crispy texture of egg rolls.
Let’s dive into why you should consider it:
- Variety: Dim sum offers a wide range of fillings, from succulent pork to fresh shrimp.
- Flavorful: The rich, savory stuffing contrasts beautifully with the simple taste of egg rolls.
- Texture: The soft, pillowy texture of dim sum provides a nice contrast to the crunch of egg rolls.
- Ease of Preparation: It’s easy to steam dim sum at home, making it a convenient option.
Give it a try next time, and elevate your egg roll experience.
Flavorful Sesame Noodles
Next time you’re enjoying egg rolls, why not pair them with flavorful sesame noodles for a truly delightful meal?
Imagine tender noodles tossed in a glossy, savory sauce infused with the nutty aroma of sesame oil.
It’s a dish that balances the crunchiness of egg rolls perfectly.
The secret to these noodles is in the sauce – a mix of soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, and garlic.
Then, they’re sprinkled with toasted sesame seeds that add another layer of texture and taste.
You’ve got a quick, easy, and utterly delicious side that’ll elevate your egg rolls to a whole new level.
Crisp Chinese Pancakes
A fantastic side dish to consider for your egg rolls is the delightful, crisp Chinese pancakes.
These thin, savory pancakes are a staple in Chinese cuisine, offering a pleasant contrast to the hearty richness of egg rolls.
Here’s why they’re an excellent choice:
- Texture: They’ve got a crunchy exterior that’s irresistibly satisfying.
- Flavor: Their mild flavor complements the savory goodness of your egg rolls.
- Versatility: You can enjoy them plain or jazz them up with your favorite sauces.
- Ease: They’re surprisingly easy to make at home with just a few basic ingredients.
Final Thoughts: What to Serve With Egg Rolls
So, you’ve got your egg rolls ready to serve, but what’s next? Don’t fret!
From a simple Vegetable Stir Fry to a Juicy Steamed Dim Sum, there’s a multitude of delicious side dishes that pair perfectly.
Whether you prefer something spicy like Szechuan Noodles or a classic like Kung Pao Chicken, there’s a flavor for everyone.
Even try a Crisp Chinese Pancake to change things up.
Remember, the best meal is a varied one. Enjoy!
Get the scoop on more like this: