Mexican candy recipes chili powder are a must-try for any adventurous food lover!
Mexican cuisine is famous for its spicy flavors, and that goes for their candy as well. If you’re looking to satisfy your sweet tooth with a little bit of heat, Mexican candy is a great option.
With its unique combination of flavors, Mexican candy is sure to tantalize your taste buds.
From the classic ice cream truck favorites, watermelon pucker, to recipes incorporating chili powder for an extra kick of spice, there’s something for everyone when it comes to Mexican candy.
Plus, you’ll be learning something new as well – exploring medium-high heat with spicy chile powder can open up a whole world of flavor combinations that are sure to surprise and delight.
With all the new information on making Mexican candy, it’s time to get cooking!
Here’s the scoop on seven delicious Mexican candy recipes that use chili powder to give them a spicy kick.
Mexican candy is a perfect way to explore and taste new cultures. It has gained immense popularity in the United States, especially during the summer months.
Mexican candy is readily available in most grocery stores and is also sold by street vendors and ice cream trucks.
One of the reasons for its popularity is its versatility and ability to satisfy different flavor preferences. Mexican candy can be sweet, sour, spicy, or a combination of all three.
The spice level in Mexican candy can vary from mild to extremely spicy, depending on personal taste.
When making Mexican candy recipes, it’s essential to use high-quality ingredients for the best results.
You can also experiment with different flavors and spice levels to customize your candy to your personal preference.
It’s also essential to be cautious when using spicy powders in your candy recipes. The spice level can quickly get out of hand, so start with a small amount and add more as needed.
In addition to being a delicious treat, Mexican candy also has a rich history and cultural significance.
Many of the traditional Mexican candies have been around for a long time and are an integral part of Mexican cuisine.
Mexican Candy Recipes
One of the favorite things about Mexican food is the abundance of spicy Mexican candies that are available.
These candies often include chili powder, which adds a delicious kick of heat to the sweetness of the candy.
One of the favorite recipes is for Chamoy candy known as Dulces Enchilados, which is made with chili powder.
It’s a perfect combination of sweet, sour, and spicy flavors.
Mexican candy, in general, has a rich history and cultural significance in Mexican cuisine, making it not just a delicious treat, but also an important part of the country’s culinary traditions.
1. Dulces Enchilados
Dulces Enchilados is a classic Mexican candy that combines spicy and sour flavors. They’re made by coating sour candy with a mixture of chili powder, powdered sugar, and Chamoy syrup.
Chamoy syrup is a sweet and spicy sauce made from apricot jam, lime juice, chili peppers, and citric acid.
You can find Chamoy syrup at most Mexican grocery stores or make it at home with a homemade Chamoy sauce recipe.
- 2 cups of sour candy
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup Chamoy syrup
1. Place the sour candy in a large bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together the chili powder, powdered sugar, and Chamoy syrup until everything is well combined.
3. Dip your sour candy in water to moisten it, then roll it in the chili powder mixture until it’s coated.
4. Coat each piece of candy in the chili powder mixture, making sure to get good coverage on all sides.
5. Place the coated candy onto a baking sheet and let them sit for at least one hour before serving. Enjoy!
2. Mexican Candy Shot Recipe
For a fun and unique way to enjoy Mexican candy, try making a Mexican Candy Shot.
This shot combines the sweet and spicy flavors of Mexican candy with silver tequila for a delicious treat.
- 2oz silver tequila
- 1 teaspoon of Chamoy syrup
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Salt to taste
- Hot sauce
- Tajin seasoning
1. In a small bowl, mix together the chili powder and salt until everything is well combined.
2. Dip your shot glass rim in water and then roll it in the chili powder, tajin, and base of salt mixture, ensuring that the entire rim is covered.
3. Pour the tequila and Chamoy syrup into a cocktail shaker filled with ice and some hot sauce and shake until frothy.
4. Strain the drink into your prepared shot glass and enjoy! You can also garnish with additional chili powder if desired.
Make sure you enjoy this Mexican candy responsibly and serve it only to those who are of legal drinking age. Shot recipes with chili powder provide a unique and exciting way to jazz up your next cocktail hour.
3. Paleta Shot
Another fun shot recipe that uses Mexican candy flavors is the Paleta Shot.
This shot is inspired by the popular Mexican frozen treat, the paleta, which is a type of ice cream popsicle.
- 1/2 ounce Cointreau or other orange liqueur
- 1/2 ounce tequila
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 ounces Chamoy syrup (or any type of spicy syrup)
1. Place the chili powder on a shallow plate and dip the rim of your shot glass into it.
2. In a separate glass, mix together the Cointreau, tequila, and Chamoy syrup.
3. Carefully pour the shot mixture into your chili-rimmed shot glass.
4. Serve chilled with a sprinkle of additional chili powder on top for garnish.
Enjoy this sweet and spicy Mexican candy recipe! With the perfect blend of tequila, orange liqueur, chili powder, and Chamoy syrup, this shot is sure to tantalize your taste buds.
4. Tamarindo Candy
Tamarindo candy is a traditional Mexican candy that has a sweet and sour flavor. It’s made from tamarind pulp, sugar, and chili powder.
You can find tamarindo candy at most Mexican grocery stores, but it’s also easy to make at home.
- 1 cup of Tamarindo pulp
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
1. Combine the Tamarindo pulp and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
2. Stir constantly until the mixture thickens, about 10 minutes.
3. Add the chili powder and stir to combine.
4. Remove from heat, transfer the mixture to a parchment-lined baking sheet, and let cool completely.
5. Once cooled at room temperature, break the candy into pieces with your hands or cut with a knife. Enjoy!
5. Mexican Hard Candy Lollipop
Mexican hard candy lollipops are a popular Mexican snack that comes in a variety of sweet fruity flavors.
They’re also easy to make at home with just a few ingredients, including sugar, corn syrup, and flavoring.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Flavoring of your choice (fruit, chocolate, etc.)
1. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the sugar, corn syrup, and water. Stir until the sugar has dissolved.
2. Increase heat to medium-high and let the mixture come to a boil, stirring occasionally.
3. When it reaches 300 degrees Fahrenheit on a candy thermometer, remove from heat and add chili powder and flavoring of your choice. Stir until combined.
4. Pour onto a greased baking sheet and let cool for about an hour. Once cooled, break into pieces and enjoy!
These Mexican candy recipes with chili powder are a great way to add a kick to your sweet treats! Make it as mild or as hot as you like, depending on how much chili powder you use – have fun experimenting!
6. Pica Pica Candy
Pica Pica candy is a popular spicy Mexican candy that comes in a variety of flavors, including watermelon, fresh mango, and peach.
It’s made by coating gummy bears or peach rings with a spicy powder that contains chili powder, citric acid, and sodium benzoate.
- 5 cups of gummy bears or peach rings
- 1/2 cup chili powder
- 2 tablespoons citric acid
- 2 teaspoons sodium benzoate
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place gummy bears or peach rings on a greased baking sheet.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together chili powder, citric acid, and sodium benzoate until combined.
4. Sprinkle the chili powder mixture onto the gummy bears or peach rings.
5. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the candy is lightly browned and crisp around the edges.
6. Remove from oven and let cool before enjoying!
This Mexican candy recipe is sure to add a kick of new flavor to your next snack or dessert.
7. Dulce de Tamarindo
Dulce de Tamarindo is a traditional Mexican candy made from the tart-sweet fruit of the tamarind tree.
The treat is usually prepared in a syrup of sugar, water, and lime juice and often served with chili powder added for an extra kick of flavor.
- 1 cup tamarind pulp
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 cups water
- Juice of two limes
- Chili powder, to taste
1. Bring the tamarind pulp, sugar, and water to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
2. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes until it has reduced by half.
3. Remove from the heat and add in the lime juice.
4. Pour the mixture into a shallow dish or tray, allowing it to cool completely before cutting it into small pieces with a knife or pizza cutter.
5. Sprinkle chili powder on the candy pieces and enjoy!
From traditional Mexican candy to spicy sweets, there are many different ways to enjoy these unique candies.
So next time you’re looking for a sweet treat with a little bit of heat, try one of these Mexican candy recipes that use chili powder to add a spicy kick.
Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or just looking for a fun candy to try, these recipes are sure to be a hit.
And don’t forget to check out your local grocery store or Mexican grocery stores for even more options in the world of Mexican candy.
More Common Ingredients in Mexican Candies
Mexican candy recipes with chili powder have become increasingly popular over the years, as people look to add a bit of spice to their sweet treats.
From traditional Mexican candies like sour fruits and spicy snacks to new creations that use chili powder in the original recipe, there is something for everyone who enjoys both sweet and spicy food.
Even better, many recipes don’t require artificial colors or flavors so you can be sure your second batch will taste just as good as the first!
Whether you’re looking for a unique type of candy or just want to try something new, these Mexican candy recipes with chili powder are sure to provide an exciting burst of flavor that’s sure to please any palate.
Some Mexican candies even include:
- Chile pepper
- Lime juice
- Watermelon juice
- Strawberry schnapps
- Sweet powders
- Coconut milk
- Agave nectar
- Mango schnapps
- Lemon juice
No matter what flavor you choose, you are sure to be satisfied by the amazing combination of sweet and spicy flavors that come with these Mexican candy recipes.
And don’t forget to top it off with some chili powder for an extra kick!
When it comes to Mexican snacks, there are a few treats that stand out, including dulce de leche, a rich caramel sauce that is often drizzled on top of churros or ice cream.
Another popular treat is the Mexican lollipop, which can come in a variety of flavors and shapes, often coated in chili powder for a spicy kick.
For a smaller portion, some people prefer to serve their Mexican candies in small cups, making it easy to enjoy on the go.
And if you’re looking to try something new, you might want to experiment with a Chamoy recipe, a tangy and spicy sauce that is often used as a dip for fruit or candy.
With so many delicious options to choose from, it’s no wonder that Mexican candy has become a beloved treat around the world.
Tips to Remember
When it comes to making Mexican candy, flavoring is key. Often, fruit juices such as tamarind or mango are used to create a sweet and tangy base for the candy mixture.
But of course, no Mexican candy recipe would be complete without a little kick of spice – this is where chili powder comes in.
To balance out the heat, cold water is added to the candy mixture to help prevent it from becoming too thick.
These flavors and techniques all come together to create the perfect treat for any occasion, whether it’s a casual snack on a hot summer day or a special treat for Cinco de Mayo festivities.
Mexican candy truly offers something for everyone, with its unique blend of sweet, tangy, and spicy flavors that are sure to tantalize your taste buds.
Mexican candy is a fun and delicious way to explore the spicy and savory flavors of Mexican cuisine.
Whether you’re looking for a sweet fruity flavor or a spicy kick, there’s a Mexican candy recipe out there for you.
So next time you’re in the mood for a fun and unique candy, give one of these recipes a try and enjoy the flavors of Mexico.
Get the scoop on more like this:
- Chick Fil A Iced Coffee Recipe: Easy Copycat
- Blueberry Macarons Recipe With Lemon Cheesecake
- African Recipe: How to Reheat Fufu
- What to Serve With Falafel Balls: 50 Sides
This article contains important affiliate links, thanks for the support!