Delight your taste buds and impress your guests with our Best Cinnamon Poached Pears Recipe – a sophisticated and irresistible dessert that combines the natural sweetness of pears with the warm and aromatic notes of cinnamon.
Perfect for a dinner party, holiday celebration, or a romantic evening in, this recipe elevates poached pears to a level of culinary elegance.
Follow our step-by-step guide to create a dessert that not only looks impressive but also delivers a burst of exquisite flavors.
Ingredients for the Best Cinnamon Poached Pears:
- 4 Ripe Pears (Bosc or Anjou): Choose firm yet ripe pears for optimal texture.
- 2 cups Red Wine: A full-bodied red wine, such as Cabernet Sauvignon or Merlot.
- 1 cup Water: Combines with the wine for the poaching liquid.
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar: Adds sweetness to the poaching liquid.
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks: Infuses warm and aromatic cinnamon flavor.
- 1 Vanilla Bean (or 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract): Adds a layer of rich, vanilla essence.
- 1 Orange (Zested and Juiced): Enhances the citrus notes in the poaching liquid.
Instructions for the Best Cinnamon Poached Pears:
1. Prepare the Pears:
- Peel the pears, leaving the stems intact for an elegant presentation. Slice a small portion off the bottom of each pear to ensure they stand upright.
2. Prepare the Poaching Liquid:
- In a large saucepan, combine the red wine, water, granulated sugar, cinnamon sticks, vanilla bean (or extract), orange zest, and orange juice. Stir the mixture over medium heat until the sugar dissolves.
3. Poach the Pears:
- Place the peeled and prepared pears into the poaching liquid, ensuring they are submerged. Bring the liquid to a gentle simmer.
4. Simmer Until Tender:
- Allow the pears to simmer in the liquid for approximately 20-30 minutes or until they are tender but still hold their shape. Rotate the pears occasionally for even poaching.
5. Cool in the Liquid:
- Once poached, let the pears cool in the liquid. This allows them to absorb more of the flavorful syrup.
6. Serve and Garnish:
- Carefully transfer the poached pears to serving plates. Drizzle them with some of the poaching liquid and garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon or a fresh mint leaf for a finishing touch.
7. Optional Reduction:
- For a more concentrated flavor, you can reduce the poaching liquid on the stovetop until it thickens slightly. Drizzle this reduction over the pears before serving.
8. Serve Warm or Chilled:
- These poached pears can be served warm or chilled, depending on your preference. Consider pairing them with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream.
Tips for the Best Cinnamon Poached Pears:
- Select Ripe Pears: Choose pears that are ripe but still firm to ensure they hold their shape during poaching.
- Enhance Presentation: For an added visual appeal, consider leaving a portion of the stem intact on each pear. This creates an elegant presentation.
- Use Quality Red Wine: Opt for a good-quality red wine with robust flavors to infuse the pears with a rich taste.
- Experiment with Garnishes: Explore different garnishes like chopped nuts, a drizzle of chocolate, or a dusting of powdered sugar to enhance the presentation.
- Serve with Accompaniments: Elevate the experience by serving the poached pears with accompaniments like a scoop of vanilla ice cream, a dollop of whipped cream, or a sprinkle of toasted nuts.
Our Best Cinnamon Poached Pears Recipe is a celebration of sophistication and flavor, bringing a touch of culinary elegance to your dessert table.
Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or simply craving a luxurious treat, these poached pears infused with cinnamon and other delightful aromatics are sure to captivate your palate.
Here’s to the artistry of poached pears and the joy of creating memorable culinary experiences!
- 4 Ripe Pears (Bosc or Anjou)
- 2 cups Red Wine
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 Vanilla Bean (or 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract)
- 1 Orange (Zested and Juiced)
- Peal the pears and slice a small portion off the bottom of each pear to ensure they stand upright.
- In a large saucepan combine red wine, water, granulated sugar, cinnamon sticks, vanilla bean, orange zest and orange juice. Stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Place the pears into the liquid ensuring they are submerged and bring the liquid to a gentle simmer.
- Allow the pears to simmer for about 20-30 minutes.
- Once poached, let the pears cool in the liquid.
- Transfer the pears to serving plates carefully and drizzle them with some poaching liquid for a garnish.
- For a more concentrated flavor, you can reduce the poaching liquid on the stovetop until it thickens slightly and then drizzle this reduction over the pears before serving.
- Serve warm or chilled.
Get the scoop on more like this:
- Cookie Monster Cupcakes Recipe
- How to Make Homemade Christmas Tamales Recipe
- Best Goya Pina Colada Recipe: How to Make Piña Coladas
- Best Copycat Painkiller Cheddar’s Cocktail Recipe